International Winter School “Challenges in Interprofessional Health and Social Systems”
We want to bring together Swiss and international students to learn about similarities and differences within health and social systems. Together, students of health professions and social work will gain new competences in dealing with complex and challenging interprofessional situations and learn how to efficiently cooperate with each other.
The courses we offer are:
- Counseling (German; interprofessional)
- Crisis and Coping (German; interprofessional)
- Interprofessional Collaboration (German; interprofessional)
- Diversity in Health Professions (English; interprofessional)
- Study Visits to Swiss Health and Social Care Institutions (English; interprofessional)
- Professional Identity and its Visibility (English – 1x only Occupational Therapy, 1x interprofessional)
- Health in demanding settings (English, NEW COURSE)
Target group: All students of Health related Study Programs and Social Work Programs (Bachelor or Master)
Dates: 7 January to 1 February 2019
Duration of stay: flexible from 1 up to 4 weeks
Website (will be online after 15 May):
Detailed description of courses and additional information:
- Flyer for your Website or to print: Information about the schedule of the four Winter School weeks, accommodation, costs etc.
- Detailed descriptions of the courses will be sent out upon request
Preliminary allocation of places:
- Bilateral Partners of ZHAW School of Health Professions or ZHAW School of Social Work: 3 students per partner-study-program. Within one institution, free places of one study program can be given to another.
- Other institutions: 3 students per institution.
- If you have more students being interested, we will put them on a waiting list. Normally, we have enough free places to accommodate all waiting list students.
- Please send us a list of interested participants via Email latest by the end of September 2018 to email@example.com to be able to inform about free places early October.
- After nomination, students have to register online until 15 October 2018 at www.zhaw.ch/health/winterschool/registration. Registration opens 1 July 2018.
- Early nomination and registration will increase the chances that students can be placed in the course(s) of their choice.
- … are most welcome! But you can also send only students. If you are interested to contribute to the teaching, please contact Andrea Tamas as soon as possible (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A limited amount of incoming teachers from European partner institutions can be funded via the Swiss-European Mobility Program. We expect to be able to fund one teacher per partner institution.
- Please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com